CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hot Dawg for a Hot Dog - Riley's Thoughts on the Local Cuisine Pt. 1

During your day I'm sure you ask yourself time and time again, "Gee, I wonder what amazing Riley the Pug is doing right now?" or "I sure think that Riley is something special. I wonder what the godmother of pugonomics is up to this very minute?" To answer your astute and thought provoking questions, I am most likely on another road trip adventure.

Today, I found myself in the asphalt jungle of Provo, the heart of Mormon country. If the pavement cracked it would bleed blue and white. Not because of a supernatural GhostBusters II thing but because of team spirit. Love the college towns! The campus was pretty much empty. Sure, there were a few students that don't have a life for the summer vacation and stuck around. But let me tell you if I lived on or around campus I would stick around for all holidays after trying a J-Dawg with special sauce from J-Dawgs Hot Dog Stand. Yummy. Yum. Yum.

RILEY'S ASSESSMENT OF J-DAWG'S:
Product Selection: C+ You can get hot dogs, hot dogs or hot dogs (polish or beef). They also have soda. That's it. Could be better with chips.
Product Quality: A+ The best hot dog I've ever had. It may be the only hot dog I've ever had but they've set the bar high. It's said the only revival to J-Dawgs quality is a place in New York City. See, this isn't your average po-dunk hot dog stand.
Service: A+ Friendly service. At times there can be a long wait depending on the crowd. There's not much to mess up when you only serve 1 1/2 products so there are no mistakes.
Price: B A bit pricey for a hot dog yet this is a J-Dawg with 100% beef and bakery fresh buns.
Riley's recommendation: Hot Dog with special sauce

Here I am at J-Dawgs:

Waiting for my hot dog.



Me at the J-Dawg stand.



Me and my hot dog. The People only let me have one bite. Those hot dawg nazis! I had to share the rest of it with my pug family.


After dinner I played on this plastic car which I have decided to patent for people and their pets thereby solving the world's energy crisis.

Went home through Midway and saw Bridal Veil Falls along the way. It's over rated.

You can easily see how over rated Bridal Veil Falls is when I stand there in comparison.

Did a potty break in Heber. I like the smells up there and the lawn was a good texture. Then we stopped at the Dairy Keen. That's not a misspelling folks. It's really called Dairy Keen. Cheap knock-off. Their slogan is "Home of the Train". How that translates to ice-cream shakes and fast food I don't know. Utah hick humor... will it ever end?!

1 comments:

The G-Funk! said...

Silly Riley -- it may be the only J-Dawg you've ever had but it's not the only hot dog you've ever had. You've had hundreds!