CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This Kind of Crazy Merits Commentary



Apparently even the Japanese people try to pretend one of their own didn't make this. If you were to go up to a Japanese person on the street and ask them if they know the Shonen Knife Band they would roll their eyes and pretend they don't know anything about it. To put this into perspective, it's what Americans do when you ask them about Raffi, the songwriter that puts environmental brainwashing to song for children.

Reasons Why This Music Video Works For Me:
1. I don't know if I've ever had banana chips before, but I'm 96.6% sure I would like them after seeing this video.
2. I too have laser beam destructive eye powers. I just choose not to use them. If, however, my laser beam destructive eye powers could turn things into banana chips there is a 98.7% chance I would consider daily usage. (insert manical laugh here)
3. To the cuteness factor which I rate at 8 out of 10. This is close to 10 out of 10 which is what I hear people give me all the time. What can I say?
4. There's a banana boat in it.
5. It makes me want to party. Party like it's 1999.
6. The walking banana with one eyeball looks like something from a DOS game.
7. It's anime. Since coming here Jen has made me watch so many anime movies with her that I actually like them now. You just have to get past the extreme stupidity and asinine plots/dialogue. I think we should do anime movie nights at the Gundersen domicile when I get back.**
8. It's full of graphic violence set to punk music. Can it get any better than this? I doubt it.

In fact, the only thing this lacks is flying, lots and lots of flying. I would have given it an 11 out of 10. I'm that crazy about it.

P.S. Auntie Maren, do you think we can work this into a duet for when you take me karaoking with you next time you come to visit? It could potentially be the greatest karaoke song there ever was. I know there is a musical interlude but I was thinking we could throw banana chips at the drunks during that portion. We're good looking... we can get away with it!



**FOOTNOTE: It has come to the blog moderator's attention that the end sentence in item #7 "Somehow when you watch anime your life doesn't seem as crappy as it really is." (which has now been deleted) could have been misunderstood. In no way was it said to imply that Riley and/or The Gundersens have a crappy life but it was solely meant to imply that Jen and those that live at the Crenshaw domicile do. I mean we were just rejected by the buy ugly houses people. It just doesn't get crappier than that. So it was realized that this sentiment could be misconstrued and was therefore deleted. Thank you.

1 comments:

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

YES! YES! YES! We will work it into our karaoke schedule when you are back in the swing of things. Throwing banana chips at people will keep them interested. Best idea yet Riley.