CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

My Kind of Town, Mt. Pleasantville's My Kind of Town

Did you miss me? I know you did. Not wanting to disappoint, I have a gem of a blog entry today. First, let me clear up my absence that I'm sure has left you in a Riley Withdrawal Funk for the past week. Number one, I'm getting fat and managing the keyboard is getting tricky. Number two, I'm working on something special and sort of big that will hit my blog sometime next week so wait for it. Number three, I do have a life and I cannot be blogging it away. I'm sorry. I just can't. Enough of the excuses. On to the meaty bits of this story...

So, I hear my parents are looking for prime-o real estate in Utah. Rose Park, Park City and our beloved city of Kaysville have been thrown around. I thought being that I am part of the Gundersen family I should weigh in on this issue.

I took an adventure ride in the car that supposedly seats 7 adults (more like 7 circus clowns [the kind that fit in tiny cars] or 5 adults crampily and 2 legless adults). I was enjoying myself and listening to my bluegrass favorites. There are 6 things you just don't joke about... bluegrass, slush huts, show tunes, American Idol and Russell Crowe. Just don't even go there.

I wasn't even looking for property but this place just hit me right on my little curly tail. Mt. Pleasantville. Not to be confused with Pleasantville the strange black and white 1950's city Reese Witherspoon and Tobey Maguire frolick in eventually turning completely upside down and sexified. Nope, not that one. This one...

It's the kind of place where rusty old farm equiptment and wooden spokes from old wagons are placed in flowerbeds and make for desired garden decor. Everybody has at least one in the yard! The people that own this house wanted to solidify their good standing in the town so they placed a boat load of spokes on both sides of their home.

In fact, the more crap you can fit in your yard, the better it is for everybody. This is what happens when you become a senile horder in Mt. Pleasantville... (Look, it took 3 pictures to catalogue the crap in this yard and it still didn't do it justice and we still missed the crap in the backyard and the crap spilling out onto the street on the side.)



I'm sold on Mt. Pleasantville because it has every modern day convenience you could want and hope for...

We are an active family and it's not a legitimate move for us until we sign up at the local gym.

Here is the gym's guarantee... not too shabby.

Here's our church... not too shabby.

I put my paw down to any town that doesn't have a slush hut establishment.

Here is where we purchase our sundries and prescriptions. And the town even has a Diego Rivera-esque muralist on hand.


Old men in army attire drive around town on 4 wheelers. Check out the family 4 wheelers I found for us. One for Jake, one for Traci and one for me and they are just our size!

Here is the beauty salon that Traci and I would patronize while Jake rides around town on his 4 wheeler in his army attire.

For fun we can catch the only movie that plays at the Basin Drive-In and then stop at the Dairy Freez (the greatest place to eat!) for a strawberry chicken salad (special of the day).


We can quench our thirst quicker at Squirt's.

Every business is run out of someone's home. Everything you could possibly dream of they have... scrapbooking supplies, barber shop, behavioral health care, family dentistry, taxidermy and much more.


Ten or more junk cars and/or school buses in the front yard is the norm and another desired garden decor. There are "NO Trespassing" signs on just about everything. The first thought that comes to mind is this must be a completely armed town. These people take the 2nd amendment seriously.

You know what they say... if there are white trash people there must be white trash pets. And guess what?! There are! White trash pets run amuck. I could be a white trash farm pug (another thing you just don't joke about).

We could set up a business out of our home. Attorney at law from the comforts of our home. I didn't see any lawyer's offices in the area. We may be the first. And how fun would it be to kick people out of their rented junk school buses they set up as homes! Have you ever evicted someone from a trailer camper or their piece of crap wooden shack from pioneer days?

It's not too far from the hustle and bustle of the big neighbor city Manti.


I know by now you are wondering if there is any possibility of real estate availabilities in this luxury town?

I know you are thinking this is a small and unsightly piece of real estate.

It's probably the ugliest thing in the State but check out the possibilities! And it's just two doors down from the sheriff's home.

4 comments:

I am Laura said...

Sounds like a great town. Nice of you to look out for your owners as they are looking for property. I love yard decor especially blown up creatures at Christmas time, easter, and halloween.

The G-Funk! said...

This is where I was sold, when you said: "Everything you could possibly dream of they have." I imagined a bright colorful house, with a flashing arrow sign, and a big blow up animal on the roof. And guess what? They have it!! In fact, it wasn't just one big blow up animal, it was SEVERAL big blow up animals. It would be like living at the circus/car dealership/mexican restaurant EVERY DAY and I can't think of anything better. All my wildest dreams have come true. We are MOVING THERE TOMORROW!!

The G-Funk! said...

BTW, I love it that Riley's head shows up in the pictures in the side view mirrors.

Riley Crockett - Pug of the Wild Frontier said...

Yeah, weird how that worked out. I will just say that I planned it that way because it makes me look sophisticated and photograph savvy.