CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Draggin' State With Grams and The People


The People, Grandma Ellen and I dragged State Street last night and all I got to show for it were 2 lousy glow-in-the-dark necklaces. Actually, we just bought one but the lady saw how cute I am and gave us one for free. The perks of being so good looking are endless.

Apparently, The People drag State every year on the night of the 23rd of July. Strange people gather on the streets with chairs, mattresses and the like to camp out for the 24th Parade. The whole thing was very stimulating but the highlight of the evening was the Extreme Bum Fight we almost saw on 4th South and 2nd East. We stopped at a red light and then we heard a conversation that went something like this:

Bum #1: (unintelligable)!!!!! (angry face)
Gangbanger Bums: (making gestures) "WHAT?"
Bum #1: (unintelligable)!!!!! (jumping around)
Gangbanger Bums: (laughing)
Bum #1: (long unintelligable)!!!!! (really, really angry face)
In the middle of this a fat man started to dance in the Burger King parking lot.

This continued (including the fat dancing man) for several more minutes. I thought the light would never change. Jen told me not to worry. If the bums drew guns and started shooting she would cover me. It's nice having a personal bodyguard. I've decided to make FattJake my official bodyguard as soon as I get home.

Then we drove up to the U of U and went past Sono Express. This is where Traci and Jake dated... what a dump! But I hear the food is really good. Maybe I will ask The People to order me some Gyoso when I'm fat, happy and pregnant.

When we got home the other dogs were jealous of my glow-in-the-dark necklaces so I shared with them. You should have seen their faces when I let them wear my necklaces... like orphans from a remote village on Christmas day when Santa comes with presents for the first time in their lives. You would think they never saw a glow-in-the-dark necklace before. I think the dog with the glandular problem got a little too happy about wearing his.

I had just about as much fun as you can have wearing glow-in-the-dark necklaces in a strange car with an 86 year old.

4 comments:

I am Laura said...

Glad you and grams got out. It will be hard once you are pregos. I would have given you even more glow in the dark necklaces -- you are that cute.

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

Riley good work on the blog. I'm proud. Keep it up. Let us know how the next vet visit goes. I know Traci misses you a lot.

The G-Funk! said...

The perks of being good looking ARE endless!!!

Riley Crockett - Pug of the Wild Frontier said...

Right back at ya, Laura. Jen set up the computer so I could do my daily blogstalking and I checked out your blog. I love your photos. I definately want to book you as my photographer when I get married or become famous (whichever one comes first).